Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 11:06:44 +0000
At 07:32 2/9/02, Adi asked:
1. Who owns a Winder or MD?

I'm one of 'em (Winder 2).

2. How often is it used?

Not that often; less than half-dozen times a year.

3. What is it used for?

Fast action photography (of which I do little). Occasionally if I'm doing a "PJ" type shoot with the BG-2 or Metz G16 potato masher flash handles in lieu of the Newton "camera rotating" flash bracket. Also used for "stitched panoramics" in conjunction with the remote release and rotating tripod head. Keeping system dead level and eliminating any possibility of changing camera attitude as it's rotated is important. The winder speeds up the shooting and eliminates nudging the tripod trying to manually wind, especially in a vertical orientation.

4. Is it stuck on an OM body permanently?

Definitely not (consistent with the above answers).

-- John