Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder and MD survery
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:55:37 -0500
>1. Who owns a Winder or MD?
MD1, MD2, Winder2
>2. How often is it used?
very
>3. What is it used for?
evrything except tripod work
of course, I put a camera on a tripod whenever possible
I guess the best way to put it is like this, if the subject moves =
winder/MD...if it is static = tripod
>4. Is it stuck on an OM body permanently?
sometimes on trips when my gear won't fit in a lowepro without it attached
otherwise it is an off-and-on sort of affair

I want to bring up something that it the primary difference between the
Winders and MDs for me: For vertical shots, I tilt the camera so that the
winder/MD shutter release button is highest.  I grip the camera around the
bottom of the winder/MD with fingers under the lens for support.  My thumb
is, therefore, conveniently close to the shutter release button on the NiCd
Control Pack.  Vertical shots are easy for me in this way, whereas they are
precarious with the Winders, where I have to grap the grip above my head.
I suppose that is why I use the MDs so much, even when not necessary.  The
added weight is worth the ease with which I can take a vertical shot.

just my $0.02
--p.j.