Re: [OM] International trading.. was 8mm fisheye on the evil one

Subject: Re: [OM] International trading.. was 8mm fisheye on the evil one
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 11:50:31 +0000
Cc: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At 20:08 +1100 3/2/02, andrew fildes wrote:
snip

Buyers bear the hassle but are often a bit insular and may have to be
helped/educated - like the one I had who was quite annoyed that the item
hadn't arrived within three days of BidPayment!

Amen...

Oh, and Iris was a philosopher who only wrote novels to get her ideas
across, OK?!

Of course... and she believed that it was important to understand language, its forms and derivations and various meanings to be able to communicate effectively. Try telling that to educators in the UK of about 20 years ago, and whose harvest we are now reaping....

I would join the P Oly SG if I thought that I qualified. My wife refers to me as a Pseud sometimes (remember that column in Private Eye - "Pseuds' Corner"?).

Chris

AndrewF
(PhilOLYsophy SubGroup)

--