Re: [OM] Extension tubes (was Bellows?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Extension tubes (was Bellows?)
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:32:36 -0000
John Lind wrote:

<snip>
The "longer" tube sets (Jessop's, Vivitar, etc.) work very well with the
135/2.8 "in the field."  Enough extension for relatively high magnification
while still maintaining good standoff distance. I use the shorter OM tubes
with the 85/2 and shorter lenses (down to and including the 7mm tube with
the 18/3.5); the longer Vivitar set with the 85/2, 135/2.8 and very
occasionally the 200/4.
<snip>

See, it's good to have people like John to tell me things like this.
Otherwise I'd be sticking tubes on willy-nilly all over the place.

Another thing I learned here (maybe it was Gary Edwards, huh, Gary?) was to
use the tubes to pull in the closest focus a bit. Simple, but it had never
occurred to me. I thought they were just for shooting bugs and stuff...

Donald.

Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
www.bigmac1st.freeserve.co.uk