Re: [OM] 8mm fisheye on the evil one

Subject: Re: [OM] 8mm fisheye on the evil one
From: The Mauler <mauler@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 10:01:36 +0800
I, too, can understand the same.  However, I routinely buy internationally
on evilbay, with most of my sellers in N. America.

Online payments are now quite prevalent, and currency is usually US$-based.
Even if an overseas buyer pays via credit card, the seller should charge in
US$ and let the buyer's bank do the rest.  Alternatively, the seller should
request for cashier's order based in US$.  As regards shipping, there may be
more restrictions, like where the shipper can and will deliver to.  A seller
should find out what countries have shipping restrictions and exclude this
in his auctions.  Likewise for customs.  There are restrictions to what can
be exported from the US and to where.  If it's things simple like
photographic equipment, there simply is no issue at all.  Again, if the
seller takes the time to find out these restrictions first, he can actually
take advantage of a much larger global market which may pay a higher amount
than his home market.

Ultimately, most of the trouble is in the buyer's hands.  He pays
international shipping, exchange rate differences, his countries import
taxes, if any, and other customs difficulties for importing.

Cheers!

Roy