Re: [OM] Cleaning oily films off of glass

Subject: Re: [OM] Cleaning oily films off of glass
From: "Charles Monroe" <chasmnro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:38:57 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
<<<< cleaner than using the alcohol.>>>
Morgan Sparks

In 1952 I was in a Navy Heavy Photo Squadron on detachment to Saudi
Arabia.  The photo mates had with them a 5  gallon carboy of straight
grain alcohol for cleaning the camera lens, K-20 (9X9) and K-38's
(9X18) if I remember correctly..  They claimed denatured alcohol would
leave a film on the lens.  They used about three gallons during the
course of the deployment and the remainder made one helluva punch for
our farewel party.  I've always had my doubts where the other three
gallons went - cleaning lens - yea, maybe.
Charles Monroe