Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry ni ght sk

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry ni ght skys?
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:36:00 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "AG Schnozz" <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 11:56 PM
Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry ni
ght skys?

> Jim Timpe lamented with utter disgust about Jon's 100 buck tax
> bill:
>
> > How utterly disgusting.  I somehow don't believe I'm getting
> > 30 times the
> > civil services for my proportional contribution up here on the
> > left coast...
>
> Let's see.  How far do you live from the nearest fire hydrant or
> manned fire station?
Fire hydrant?  What's that? Probably 2 or 3 miles.
I have a permanent pond 200' away though.
6 miles to the nearest volunteer fire department.

> How close is the nearest police station?
Well, I don't go looking for them but, probably 20 miles.

> How many books in the library?
Which library?  I've been to the one about 20 miles away.
They probably have a few more books than I do.
I think I talked them into getting a copy of the NEC newer than 1980
however.

>  Do you have sewer and water hookups?
No sewer.  Septic but, I know the county health comissioner so, it passed
with
"throw a little more gravel downhill.  It's ok unless a neighbor were to
complain"
1600' away for water.

> And how many chiropracters do you have in Seattle that have 12
> kids and don't wear deoderant?
Is freedom of religion included in that?