Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry night sky

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry night skys?
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:31:05 -0600
> How utterly disgusting.  I somehow don't believe I'm getting 30 times the
> civil services for my proportional contribution up here on the left
coast...

Jim,

Well, perhaps if you take size and cost into your calculations, you'd feel
better.

You probably own 30 times as much land!
390 acres or 0.61 square miles - say 88 square city blocks.

And, you also probabably paid somewhat less than $2200 an acre for it.
Now 390 acres for $65,769.23 isn't bad now is it?

Heck - your property taxes barely cover the cost of the street lights I bet!
:-)

I hope you feel better now...

Jon