Re: [OM] [OT] (way off topic) Bicycles WAS: Italian trip

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] (way off topic) Bicycles WAS: Italian trip
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:27:35 +0100
Hi,

Here's my input to that debate:

I've used Suntour components on my travelling bike since 1991. Already then
they were regarded being "outfashioned", although my group had index shifts
already. At that time, before the introduction of combined brake and shift
handles, they had the better bar end shifts. I still use them today and will
keep using them. A good CLA and the end of the season should give them a long
life.

Getting spareparts is another issue. I broke the rear shifter a couple of years
ago and had to replace it with a Shimano. My hubs and cassette are also Shimano
now. Works well enough.

Yes, I also think of Suntour as the Olympus of bicycle groups, Campagnolo being
the Leica, Shimano being the rest (C, N, P, M). And Suntour parts seem to be
better serviceable than the Shimano parts.

;-)

Bernd