Re: [OM] Film Xrays at airports etc

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Xrays at airports etc
From: "Jim Johnson" <jeepnstein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:38:34
I'll toss in a couple of cents worth on this. I carry a gun on my job every day, have arrest powers, and work on occasion in uniform behind the wheel of a cruiser. I never really thought that having a gun on board an airliner would be that useful or smart. If I had to choose a weapon for such close quarters it would probably be a can of foaming mace and a straight baton. A set of cuffs would be useful, too. I see a jet as a kind of cell block with wings.

I feel strongly that the FAA and the airlines should be providing real security on all flights. We'll probably be fed a feel-good kind of public relations campaign instead.

Hmm, a mono-pod might be a handy thing to have on the ol' Lowe Pro....

Jim