Re: [OM] Film Xrays at airports etc

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Xrays at airports etc
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 07:04:11 +0000
Cc: "Jim Johnson" <jeepnstein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sounds sensible to me Jim. I have always thought that guns in a pressure cabin at height to be a little risky, but the proximity of so many people in "cattle class" makes it an over-lethal solution. The problem and the solution have to have some differential in risk...

My Camcane (walking stick monopod) would make a handy weapon - along the lines of a shillelagh - but I have always fancied having a short, heavy weapon to defeat the mugger. I can't remember what they are called in the criminal community, but they would be termed an offensive weapon on the streets of London, let alone at a flight check-in.

I, too, used to carry a Swiss Army camping knife with a lock-blade wherever I went. It was confiscated only once. I don't plan to carry it on my person again on a flight. And I suppose the Leatherman will have to go in the hold as well.