Re: [OM] Glossy Inkjet Papers (was "P400 printers on Yahoo...")

Subject: Re: [OM] Glossy Inkjet Papers (was "P400 printers on Yahoo...")
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:52:21 -0800
--

Jim Brokaw
> From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 10:05:03 -0600
> To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [OM] Glossy Inkjet Papers (was "P400 printers on Yahoo...")
>
> At 05:08 PM 1/10/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>> Just returned from Costco, where they had a double pallet load of Epson
>> Photo Paper out along the first main aisle. $19.99 for 100 sheets.
>> Moose
>
> Epson Photo Paper is a good all-around paper and that's a very good price
> for it. I found that it printed well with either dye or pigment inks.  This

snipped Joel's insights on paper

> Joel W.

At MacWorld this week I picked up a brochure at the Olympus display on
"Pictorico" brand papers (and films) for digital inkjet printing. The offer
quite a range of papers, and have a variety of surface textures offered
also. The Olympus booth had the P400 printer, as well as the smaller one
(P200?) setup, and also the full range of digital cameras and accessories. I
played around with the E20 a bit... quite nice. Just to be fair, I also
looked at the Canon and Nikon offerings... since I can't afford *any* of
them I decided to be evenhanded <g>. No mention at the Olympus booth of any
upcoming interchangable-lens SLR digital camera, I guess its still a secret.
Probably still under covers in Wyoming...