Re: [OM] 6x4.5 compared to 35mm? - and cropping

Subject: Re: [OM] 6x4.5 compared to 35mm? - and cropping
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:19:13 -0600
I once took a college photography course.  I had a brand-new paper holder
that printed without a border and used it for the first assignment.

The professor almost took my head off.  His point was that there was no way
a well-done photograph would magically be the dimensions of the paper.  Crop
it properly.  His approach, and the one I've used ever since, is that the
borders do not have to be uniform.  It truly makes a difference.  Often the
border at the top and bottom can be 3-4 times the border at the sides, but I
still frame in a standard frame -- I like the look.

Tom