Re: [OM] [OT] two OM items for sale -> browsers -> darkrooms

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] two OM items for sale -> browsers -> darkrooms
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:20:55 -0800 (PST)
> Ah, that tells all: you were talking about Zuikos! I thougth
> you were talking about enlarger lenses. I wonder whether the
> f8 rule also is true for enlarger lenses?

Actually, I was originally talking about the enlarger lenses.
The Zuikos don't make good enlarging lenses.

As far as stopping down, I usually go down about two-three stops
to take care of the fact that 35mm film doesn't always lay
perfectly flat in the holder.  Two stops will just barely
guarentee edge-edge sharpness, three is usually rock solid.

As far as diffusion is concerned, yes, I've seen that.  In my
experience it shows its ugly head with high contrast parts of
the image.  Unless you are making 11x14s, I have found that
diffusion doesn't really show up until around F11.  It's always
there, just not a problem.  When the grain starts to muddy up,
you know you have a problem.

AG-Schnozz