Re: [OM] [OT] two OM items for sale -> browsers -> darkrooms

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] two OM items for sale -> browsers -> darkrooms
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:02:26 -0800 (PST)
> I have never observed this, but Ilfords product specifications
> tell so.

Definitely happens.  I've learned to not let them soak in the
water forever.  I've trimmed more than my share of prints as a
result.

> Wow. But do you actually work with the aperture wide open?
> Usually I step down my Rodenstock 3.5/50 to f11 or f16 in
> order to achieve good DOF and better consistency of exposure
> time.

No, but I do like it wide open for focusing and composition.  My
exposure times vary depending on filtration, enlargement and
whether or not I put diffusion material above the negative, but
they are usually around 45 seconds for an 8x10 and 1:30 for an
11x14.  Stopping the Federal's lens down to F32 or beyond seems
to make for some really long exposures. DOF is so deep you can
probably make out the GE logo on the lightbulb.

> Mee too! Nothing is more relaxing than a good piece of music
> in the dim yellow-green light of a darkroom!

Eric Clapton works well.  For classical, stay away from
Tchaikovsky or you'll be slicing your wrists with the paper
cutter.  Beethoven is nice.  The Who is best.

AG-Schnozz