Re: [OM] [OT] B&W Darkroom, WAS: two OM items for sale -> browsers

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] B&W Darkroom, WAS: two OM items for sale -> browsers
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:04:50 -0800
Wonderful post oh photographically archaic grouchy one! :)

Just did my first darkroom stint in about twenty years or so! My local
photo shop put a rental darkroom in their new building when they moved a
couple of years ago. I had been meaning to do some B&W and printing ever
since then. My 14 year old daughter's school project finally pushed me
over the edge. This past week the two of us worked together and shot 8
rolls of B&W. Processed the film at home. I spent this morning in the
darkroom doing contact sheets and three 'warm-up' 8x10s. Monday Epiphany
and I go into the darkroom to do the prints for her school project.

There really is nothing that compares to watching that image emerge when
the paper is in the developer! Something I have never forgotten. What I
did forget was how relaxing it can be and how time flies while you are
in the dark! For the obsessive compulsive perfectionist control freak
the joys of doing your own printing are boundless. (Not that I would
know anything about that!)

Jim Couch

Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA USA