Re: [OM] 100/2.8 vs 100/2 vs 135/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 100/2.8 vs 100/2 vs 135/2.8
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 19:55:05 -0800
Couldn't resist that 85/2 silvernose on eBay, eh George. Congrats on a good deal.

Moose

ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

While I haven't had any experience using the 100s, some with the 135s, and a lot more with the 85/2, I have to recommend the 85/2. While none of the lenses would be a 'wrong' choice, I was always satisfied with the results, the bokeh is magnificent, and, for the style of portrait you describe - of family; I assume, in their homes and not a studio, you will appreciate the ability to get closer with the 85. Unless you can set up different backgrounds and change the seats around, we're all limited to certain places in say, a living room where we can successfully do a shoot due to seating location, windows - and their reflections in the background -, width and length of the room, etc. Again, just my $0.02 worth.

George S.