[OM] 100/2.8 vs 100/2 vs 135/2.8

Subject: [OM] 100/2.8 vs 100/2 vs 135/2.8
From: Eric Pederson <epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 11:45:47 -0800 (PST)
Scott:

If you already own the 135/2.8, use that. A 100 won't be that different
and the 135 is great for portraits. A 100 is probably a better lens in
terms of perspective (I have a 90 and 135, not a 100), but for amateur
subjects, the added working distance of the 135 is a real plus. A great
portrait is largely the result of the expression and the lighting, not any
features of the lens. The expression of non-pro models is usually more
relaxed if your camera is as far back as possible. At least if portraits
are to be full-frame head and maybe shoulders, I think the 135 is perfect.
If you want half-body shots, then the 135 will only work outdoors or in
large rooms.

> From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> There've been discussions here regarding the various 100mm Zuikos. I already
> own a 135/2.8 Zuiko. So...

=====
Eric Pederson
epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (no "n" in "epederso")