Re: [OM] 100/2.8 vs 100/2 vs 135/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 100/2.8 vs 100/2 vs 135/2.8
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 14:43:50 +0800
Okay, I add some of my experience here:

100/2 - the highest resolution one at any focusing distance even wide open,
contrast is medium low. It is able to resolve the finest details without
harsh feel.

100/2.8 MC black nose - I only shoot one roll with it, very sharp for
distance objects, but judged by the focusing difficult for close object, it
will not be very sharp for very close object. The friend I sold my 100/2.8
to confirm me the close focus performance was not that great too. Can't said
about contrast as the roll I took was negative, but looks good.

85/2 MC - contrast similar to 100/2, it is very sharp starting from f4 but
not bad at wide open. The close focus correction really works, it has fine
performance at close distance. With the price/weight/performance I will
choose the 85/2 first.

C.H.Ling