Re: [OM] Digital camera downfalls

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital camera downfalls
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 00:51:25 -0800
Oh dear, how did I get sucked into this one? EPROM is Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory - erased by UV light (you uncover the top of the chip and shine UV light on it.), high intensity, not low intenisty x-rays, not used in current consumer products if anywhere. EEPROM is Electrically Erasable PROM, a later development now used all over the place in consumer goods 'cause it holds the memory contents without power, but can be erased when needed by the circuitry.

Moose

Olympus wrote:

Not that I know anything, but isn't compact FLASH, ah, FLASH EEPROM?

Static

RAM would require current to keep the content.

DRAM (Dynamic Ram) requires current to keep state.  SRAM (Static Ram) does
not.  Thus the word "static".  (No sarcasm intended and should not be read
as such, but as and explaination)

EEPROM's are static also, but can be erased by UV bombardment....