[OM] Enough already - 24 vs 36 exposure debate

Subject: [OM] Enough already - 24 vs 36 exposure debate
From: "Thomas A. Dunlap" <tdunlap10@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 16:31:00 -0500
What's the big deal?

I have taken 24 horrible shots on 24 exposure.
I have taken 36 horrible shots on 36 exposure.

I have taken some great photos on 12 exposure.
I have taken some great photos on 24 exposure.
I have taken some great photos on 36 exposure.

I have never taken 12 great shots on 12 exposure.
I have never taken 24 great shots on 24 exposure.
I have never taken 36 great shots on 36 exposure.

Whatever great shots I did make were easily worth the cost of the
film, be it 12, 24 or 36. As a matter of fact, I have sold some
photos that have easily paid for a years worth of film.

The film does play an important part of photography.  But it
is still the camera, and the eye of the person set the shutter
speed, and pushing the button.

No matter what film you have in the camera.  You always are at
the end of your exposures when you are trying to get that really
great shot. This applies even if you have a cassette loaded with
1000 exposures.

tOM dunlap / photographer
teknografix, inc.