RE: [OM] Design considerations? (Long)

Subject: RE: [OM] Design considerations? (Long)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:33:30 -0800
I am afraid I disagree on rigid v. flexible body issue. The relationship of the film plane to the lens is important enough that some companies like Contax have used vacuum to make it more exact or Leica uses a one piece metal casting on the M6. If you hang a 200 mm lens on the front of a flexible plastic body that whole relationship is disturbed unless there is some special effort to stiffen the mirror box and the lens mount. The lens has to be perpendicular to the film plane.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California