Re: [OM] Design considerations? (Long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Design considerations? (Long)
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:41:55 -0800
Come on now, I much prefer Oly for picture taking, but if we are talking 1970s design cameras as weapons, I'll take my old Nikon F2a over an OM-x any time. I switched from Nikon to Oly decades ago 'cause the Olys were both compact and sturdily made (and the lenses were cool, etc.). I don't think anyone would claim the F and F2 weren't sturdy and big and heavy, excellent blunt force weapons. I remember dropping my Ftn on a concrete floor in Hoover Dam. All that happened was a little dent in the bottom plate and a crooked, out of focus picture of the ceiling and the camera just went on like nothing had happened.

Moose

Olympus wrote:

Now Marc, the question you have to ask yourself is:

If a thief broke in (since Auzzie now no longer allow for guns, and thus the
400 0ncrease in in-home invasion, but we'll leave the gun debate for now..)
If a thief broke in, and you hit him with a camera, which will he not wake
up from?  Hmm.. My friend's Canon Elan7E, I don't know, and he too does not
share the confidence that the thief will not wake up..  BUT, if I do a Randy
Johnson windup and whack him on the head with my Om-1n, I am fairly certain
what the outcome will be..  My Om's a tank, where as the Canons and Nikons
are probably not cut for self-defense as a secondary usage..  (Have you FELT
and EOS???)