Re: [OM] Design considerations? (Long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Design considerations? (Long)
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 04:16:13 -0800
Now Marc, the question you have to ask yourself is:

If a thief broke in (since Auzzie now no longer allow for guns, and thus the
400 0ncrease in in-home invasion, but we'll leave the gun debate for now..)
If a thief broke in, and you hit him with a camera, which will he not wake
up from?  Hmm.. My friend's Canon Elan7E, I don't know, and he too does not
share the confidence that the thief will not wake up..  BUT, if I do a Randy
Johnson windup and whack him on the head with my Om-1n, I am fairly certain
what the outcome will be..  My Om's a tank, where as the Canons and Nikons
are probably not cut for self-defense as a secondary usage..  (Have you FELT
and EOS???)

The relationship between the flatness of the film to the quality of the
picture is pretty much not argueable..  So thus the more rigid (and
consistant) the camera, the better filmplane it should provide, and thus the
better chance at a nice picture.. yes?  (Of course that's all theory and
conclusions in my head..)

Albert

<snip>