Re: [OM] P&S: was Trouble in OM paradise

Subject: Re: [OM] P&S: was Trouble in OM paradise
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:48:37 +0800
Falloff characteristic is by design not production variation. All XA
has fall off problem, it is even documented in the VisionAge. I also
have an XA and XA-4, both have visible fall off with the XA-4 much
more serious. A bright sky wide open can overexposure the film and
give you an overall "white" sky, I found the best test is to shoot
some medium gray scene. With the most common object - the sea, which
is very critical for lens falloff. Even the Zuiko 500/8 looks very bad
with such scene, see the Olympus System Lens Hand Book there are some
examples.

C.H.Ling