Re: [OM] Different DOF problem.

Subject: Re: [OM] Different DOF problem.
From: James M Costello <jamie-nancy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 20:51:20 -0500
On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 18:57:30 -0000 "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> Two possibilities spring to mind:
>
> either it's a fixed mount lens like my two Hanimex zooms, in which
> case it
> sounds like the spring connecting the actuator to the iris lever has
> broken
> or come off, or ...

[snip]

Keith, it seems you were right on the first count: something in the
actuator assembly was stuck.   I basically fiddled with it and gave it a
couple of raps against a pad of paper.   Nothing severe enough to jar any
glued elements apart, but enough to "communicate" with the aperture
assembly.   Voila!   Unstuck (for now) aperture.    The blades appear
nice and dry.   I don't why or how long they've been stuck.

The "M/A" switch now works just as John Lind said it should.   On "M",
the lens is manually stopped down: sort of a DOF preview.   On "A",
tripping the shutter allows the body to stop the lens down,
"automatically" ;-).

Thanks John and Keith.

Jamie Costello
Fort Myers, FL