Re: [OM] New Olys (my opinion)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Olys (my opinion)
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:15:15 -0500
On Friday, December 21, 2001 at 2:41, M. Royer <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM] New Olys (my opinion)" saying:

> One thing that Olympus could do ps make a replaceable CCD module or
> something with the same camera body. So if you wanted to upgrade and the
> camera cast $1000 with the current model also at 1000 you woudln't have to
> pay that for a 'new' camera. Instead you send it in to Olympus (Or they
> make it an easy do it yourself job) and they replace the CCD and bios
> with updated parts thus you have a new old camera for  say $500, not
> cheap, but cheaper than replacing the whole camera. Also with things
> going the way they are things will eventually arrive at a plateu.
It probably wouldn't be just the image chip. You'd probably have to
increase memory or speed up processing with larger chips. But it could be
some kind of new modularity, e.g. pieces:
        - lenses
        - image chip with processor & firmware
        - user interface (Camera body with displays & controls)

The only constant here is the user type, with their eyes & hands remaining
much the same for century after century (collectively, not individually!)

tOM

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633
fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa Ont. Canada K1R
7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974    Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx N45.412
W75.714
Laws are the spider's webs which,
if anything small falls into them they ensnare it,
but large things break through and escape.
        --Solon, statesman (c.638-c558 BCE)
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."   --
Benjamin Franklin