Re: [OM] New Olys (my opinion)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Olys (my opinion)
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 02:41:10 -0800 (PST)
One thing that Olympus could do ps make a replaceable
CCD module or something with the same camera body. So
if you wanted to upgrade and the camera cast $1000
with the current model also at 1000 you woudln't have
to pay that for a 'new' camera. Instead you send it in
to Olympus (Or they make it an easy do it yourself
job) and they replace the CCD and bios with updated
parts thus you have a new old camera for  say $500,
not cheap, but cheaper than replacing the whole
camera. Also with things going the way they are things
will eventually arrive at a plateu.

I'm thinking at 10-15 Mpixels quality will be good
enough to equal film in most applications. Of course
in today's consumer culture and planned obselecence I
wouldn't count on you $2000 plus dollar camera holding
it value any bit close to the way OM system and Zuikos
hold there value. After all Nikon and Canon have been
able to dupe the public and the pros into believing
that you will magically take pitures better with 5000
different modes rather than 500 different modes.

Mark Lloyd