Re: [OM] Going Nowhere again

Subject: Re: [OM] Going Nowhere again
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:40:46 -0800 (PST)
Joel wrote:
> That's actually six.  Sometimes we don't actually get the
> Spring part.

Joel, you missed eagle season.  What better excuse to get
together and freeze our nose hairs off than to head on down to
Red Rock Dam and photograph the bald eagles looping overhead.

I'm going to try shooting from a blind down on the rocks at the
water's edge.  I figure if I can arrive, setup and get inside
before daylight I might get some decently close shots.
Hopefully, I'll figure out a way to stay warm.  I've seen the
eagles fish from about 15 feet away from that one little spit of
land.

With our delayed winter this year, eagle photography might be a
miss if we don't get our deep freeze.  Not that I want it too
cold, but a good -10F morning tends to keep the locals in town
and the birds close to the spillway.  Depends too on how much
flow we get over the dam.  Last year it was a dribble--not
enough to get the fish up to the surface.

OM content:  I'm thinking that the IS-3 and an OM with the 200/4
will be a good choice for the handheld tracking of the close
birds.

AG-Schnozz