Re: [OM] Going Nowhere again

Subject: Re: [OM] Going Nowhere again
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 07:39:04 -0600
Well, you said it (I usta live in Ontario), so I'll add that I have the feeling that Ken's list makes the rounds in Minnesota and Wisconsin if you just substitute those names for "Iowa". There's a little too much Red Green in that list to be authentic Iowa.

Tom, I've never figured out the Five Seasons thing in Cedar Rapids. That's the name of the convention center/hotel. I always supposed it meant "all the other seasons may be inhospitable, but you can always come inside here." Otherwise all I can figure is this:

1. Spring (2 weeks) -- OM2(x), 4(x) bodies appropriate
2. Summer (3 months) -- keep film cool, wipe condensation off lenses carefully when going outdoors from air-conditioned home
3. Autumn (2 weeks) -- take off work if possible, shoot constantly
4. Pre-Winter Slush and Frozen Rain (2 months) -- dust off the OM-1/OM2000's, replace batteries in OM2(x) and OM4(x) to fix shutter lockup 5. Winter (2 months) -- shoot OM-1 outside if you dare, practice flash indoors on cats and grimacing children
6. Post-Winter Slush and Wet Snow Blizzards (2 months) -- yearn

That's actually six.  Sometimes we don't actually get the Spring part.

Joel W.