Re: [OM] OT - Epson 1270

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Epson 1270
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 19:26:07 -0800
Apparently I meant the "Premium Plossy" paper which is, of course, for printing pictures of orange tabby cats?

Actually, I do live in the SF area, not too polluted, but near the ocean. In any case, I thought the 'oranging' took quite a while to show up. I think it's all moot for me as I only have a couple of sheets of the old formula Premium Glossy paper and all the other interesting choices available too.

Warren Xato mentioned the 'Color Life' papers. I Don't know much about them except that there is a Windows download of an ICC color profile for this paper on the Epson web site <http://support.epson.com/hardware/printer/inkjet/pho127/index.html> http://support.epson.com/hardware/printer/inkjet/pho127/index.html, the only paper with an ICC color profile.
Moose

Tom Scales wrote:

While I believe that a 'limited' number of people had a color shift problem,
I think it is completely overblown.  ALL my prints are on the original paper
and I have a lot of it left.  I've NEVER had a single image shift. Not one.
They're all displayed in my office and around the house, all exposed, none
under glass.

You should try the paper and see your own results.  Unless you live in a
very high ozone city, very near the coast, I'll bet you never see a shift.

Tom

From: "dreammoose"
<snip>

I haven't used the Premium Plossy much because of the known problem of
orange shift when exposed to light and pollution; no point paying a
premium for substandard performance.

<snip> Moose