Re: [OM] Epson 1270

Subject: Re: [OM] Epson 1270
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 17:22:33 -0800 (PST)
I just finished installing a refurbished 1280. I
bought some matte heavyweight paper and it looks
great. The neat thing is that the inexpensive Epson
photo quality inkjet paper prints out just about the
same as the expensive stuff and is great for proofs. I
haven't tried the glossy yet. There is a new Espon
paper called "ColorLife" which supposed has less
orange fade problems. If you print a lot you can get a
continuous feed system and bulk inks for your 1270/80.
The 1270 and 1280 are basically identical, and use the
same cartidges.
As far as black and white printing, you might try to
find a used 1160 and use the "Quadtone" inks.
According to the Epson group, this provides the best
B&W quality.

--- "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We have a 1280. From what I read though, that's not
> much reason to get the
> latest 1280 if you can find a 1270.
>
> Where did you find yours? I may get one and convert
> it for B&W uses...

=====
Warren Xato

For where to go when you know when