Re: [OM] 200/4 -vs- 200/5?

Subject: Re: [OM] 200/4 -vs- 200/5?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:05:45 -0600
The 200/4 is a better lens.
I like and use the 200/5 more.

I find it about the same comparison as the 35-70/3.5-4.5 to the 35-70/3.6.
The 3.6 is a better lens, but is bigger and heavier so I use the 3.5-4.5
more.  That's what I like about the 200/5. It is so little. It uses 49mm
filters.  It's easy to toss into your bag.

All that said, if I was only going to own one, it would be the 200/4.  Just
like if I only owned one 135, it would be the 135/2.8, even though I love
the 135/3.5.

Tom