Re: [OM] Back from travels...and another one of those 'stupid' stories

Subject: Re: [OM] Back from travels...and another one of those 'stupid' stories
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:51:49 +1100
>Hi folks,
>
>I've just returned from a short break in Australia.  Took approximately
>600 photos over nearly three weeks, and I should have some back in the
>next couple of days.  The Great Ocean Road in particular was quite
>beautiful and ate a lot of film, but I did a lot of city photography as
>well.  I'll be putting stuff online soon, I hope.

Should have said Hi! to the local chapter! My cousin the motorcycle nut
says the two best roads on earth are the Great Ocean Road in Victoria and
the Virginia Blue Ridge highway.

>Had a terrible panic on the plane home.  I flew via Japan, so spent most
>of the 11 hours back to London flying over Siberia, which is
>unimaginably huge and empty.

Nah! Taiga - been there -full of beech trees. Did you look out of the
window over the 'dead centre' of Oz? Now that's empty!

>Now I was confused.  Why was it
>jamming on frame 26?  So I rewound it again, clicked off a few frames
>with no film in no problems - everything seemed to be fine.  So I wound
>forward again, and for a third time it stuck after 26 exposures.
>Finally the penny dropped.  I'd accidentally bought a 24 exposure roll.
>I NEVER use 24 exposure rolls!  I felt fairly stupid after that.
>Helplessly watched the endless miles of frozen tundra drift by.
>Roger

Did that just this weekend too in the 2sp! Sigh. Reset it. I even tried new
batteries. Doh!
AndrewF