Re: [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant]

Subject: Re: [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant]
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:03:14 +0800
Seem your guy hate the high speed negative very much, may be you have
very bad experience with the Kodak Gold 400? Yes, it is a very grainy
film. But the Fuji superia and new Ektarpress 400 is much better, you
won't found big different grain with normal ISO100 film. I don't think
over expose high speed negative a problem, I have tried both ISO200
and 400 fuji with three stops over but they printed and scanned very
well. I mainly use slides, but ISO400 will be my general purpose
negative when travel and for portrait I will use Fuji Superia 200, the
Kodak Ektarcolor Pro 160 I once used was also fine. Never try the NC
but I will not use 160VC as the scene rendering was very poor, it
turned a sunny day to a cloudy day. The best color rendering ISO100
film I have tried was Ektarpress 100, especially for scanning.

C.H.Ling