Re: [OM] Matting/Mounting OM produced prints

Subject: Re: [OM] Matting/Mounting OM produced prints
From: "Bob Whitmire" <rlw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 15:35:39 -0500
Related to matting and mounting. Last summer I had framed a number of prints
for sale in the area. The prints were done on a Lightjet 5000 prints and
printed on Fuji Crystal Archive paper. (This is a stunning combination, by
the way.) The fellow I had frame the prints for exhibition was of the
tape-the-top school. Prints hang free and are matted and placed in metal
frames.

I've noticed the the majority of these prints, say 90 percent or more, now
show little wrinkles, crinkles or folds that when the light hits them right
is more than a wee bit distracting, and, I think, not acceptable in prints
and framing of the sort of quality I thought I was paying for. Anyone have
any similar experience? Is this the paper or the process? The framer has an
excellent rep, which is why I went to him in the first place.

Thanx,

--Bob W