Re: [OM] which OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] which OM?
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 18:28:31 +0000
Cc: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Perhaps I am using the wrong POs ;-).

I don't know how long ago you did that Donald, but I have sent 3
items to the US, including a 40/2 in May, from various (erm 3
actually :>)) different post offices and none would send me a parcel
insured.  Now, it might have been changed just before I started
sending, or it might have been weight- or value-dependent (all were
£150 or more), but none was insured.  Perhaps I ought to ask at a
fourth, bigger, PO ... they are all individuals who have had a pretty
short training course I believe.

You will find that Brits selling stuff on eBay will say that they can
send stuff to the USA only uninsured.

I should stick to the British camera shops for service and repair; if
they have the parts it will be a much quicker turnround.

Chris