Re: [OM] which OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] which OM?
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 21:48:58 -0000
Chris Barker wrote:

<snip>
you can't insure stuff sent to the
US by Royal Mail.
<snip>

When I sent my OM1n to John Hermanson for its CLA etc it was insured. I
can't remember offhand which service it was, but the guy in the post office
looked through his book and we settled on a method that included insurance
up to, IIRC, about 150 UKP. Maybe it was 120 UKP. Anyway, I didn't reckon
the hit would be too bad if I lost it and got that amount.

But it can be done. Then again, as Chris says, others have used some UK
repairers with success.

Donald.

Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
www.bigmac1st.freeserve.co.uk