Re: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 08:15:33 -0800 (PST)
The only real cheap alternative to the 16/3.5 is one
of those Russian Zenitar lenses. They seem to be happy
with them on the Pentax group. My Zuiko 16 get used a
lot more than the 18mm and is used about equally with
the 21/3.5. I like to do near/far compositions but the
18 just stretches things a bit too much in the corners
to be believable so it usually sits in its soft case
at home. The good puppy, 21/3.5, follows me everywhere
as does the 16. Edge contrast is higher with the
21/3.5 than the 18 and so makes stunning compositions.

But the lens I really want is the Canon 24mm
tilt/shift, but that's another story.

=====
Warren Xato

For where to go when you know when