Re: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 22:54:09 -0800
I purchased an 18 from eBay this past summer for a bit under $550. Lens
was in excellent shape, but had no front cap or hood. I purchased a new
hood for it from B&H (25 or $30) and a screw on 72 mm cap (5) so my total
investment was still under 600 which is a pretty good price for the lens.
They don't come up on eBay often, and usually they go for a fair amount,
but a few show up from time to time.

The price difference between the 18 and the 16 may have to do with the
fact that the 16 shows up far more often on eBay. Skips data shows 12 18
mm auctions to 25 16 mm auctions

The 18 is the widest Zuiko you can get that is still rectilinear. I love
mine, of course I have always been a super wide angle fan anyway.

Jim Couch