Re: Re: [OM] Advising students

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Advising students
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:24:14 -0800
At 22:10 11/27/01, you wrote:
 > M. Royer <royer007@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 is a better choice for today. Tell them to get an F3
 if they can find one. That is the penultimate Nikon
 body.

So what is the ultimate Nikon body ?

Wayne Harridge

FM3a

You mentioned the winder poking you in the eye. I had forgotten about that. Don't know which eye you use (left?). I use my right eye and it poked me in the forehead when the body was turned vertical (a PITA, albeit minor, but still an annoyance).

For those that don't know this minor detail, pushing the winder lever in locks the shutter release. It must remain in the "ready" position protruding from the body slightly to for the release to work. It's a "feature" I'm very glad Maitani did not implement on the OM bodies!

-- Johnn

Yes, I am left eyed. I suppose if you were really stuck in a bad place and had to get a Nikon you could have some like John H. in the Nikon field modify the camera innards so that the shutter release is never locked no matter what the position ala OM.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California