RE: [OM] Re: OM_PC Flash Control

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: OM_PC Flash Control
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:32:14 -0500
Duo-Synch Cord will let you attach flash units off camera.  I THINK I
have one new in box, but it will be a few days before I have access to
that area of the house due to knee surgery.  For sale if you want it.
$25 + shipping.

Also, the Olympus Auto Connector T20 (because the T20 flash doesn't have
a flash socket) allows off camera TTL synch.  They are occasionally
available on evilbay, but ain't cheap, often to $40.

I also have a Bounce Grip 2 that only functions as a bounce grip. Has
some wiring missing, etc.  But it will work as a flash holder and has a
TTL socket.  I would also sell that item.  Figure ~$30 + shipping.
Still has tilt and swivel function, just won't work to power flash.
But, this is grip only, no bracket.

The Metz system allows up to 7 flash units when using their adapters
(inexpensive is not considered here).  Will give even amount of flash to
all flash units.  Uses the SCA300 adapters.  I have one of these and
like it.

In addition, Metz has extenders for flash units using the SCA system,
can go up to ~30 feet.

Sunpak has the EX10 series that will allow their D series flash units to
go off camera ~ 3 feet.

Vivitar has (had) extenders that allow 3500, 3700, 4600, 5200 and 5600
flashes to go off-camera and also have TTL.

I can get you more info if needed on all of above if you're interested.

Brian Huber