Re: [OM] Moisture control

Subject: Re: [OM] Moisture control
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 21:54:52 -0700
At 01:51 PM 05/12/2001 +1100, you wrote:

>Does anyone know where you can buy silica gel packs from - tis a great idea.
>Simple things in life are often the best. Another words, simple ways of
>looking after your equipment proves well worth the effort in the long run.
>
>PS: What can I store my camera (loaded) and or film in to protect from heat
>and humidity? Simply alfoil or does anyone buy something of the shelf I have
>no knowledge about?

Damon:

Well, Pelican cases are wonderful, but if you're not a rich Irishman ( 8^> ),
you might want to take a gander at the Waterproof Lexan Utility Box (various
sizes) from GSI Outdoor Products, available at Mountain Equipment Co-op (in
Canada) and probably various places in the States.  The large size will hold a
Zuiko 300/4.5 lens without problem, as well as a body and another (smaller)
lens.  The boxes use a soft synthetic rubber gasket for a watertight/airtight
seal.  They're also transparent, so you can see what's inside 'em.

I found a bunch of them for sale at this site:

http://search.globe-mart.com/cgi-bin/globalmart/find.cgi?s=utility&tf=41&page=5

If that wraps, you'll have to cut-'n-paste.

Garth