[OM] Moisture control

Subject: [OM] Moisture control
From: "Charles Monroe" <chasmnro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:03:33 -0500
OK, here I go into the breech.

I spend most of each summer aboard my boat on the Chesapeake Bay with hot,
humid and salty air the norm. This is not the best environment for a camera.  I
can keep equipment protected when not in use by using a water tight box with
silica gel.  However would those conditions be harmful to the lubrication used
on the internal mechanisms?

What about the film?  Will the dry conditions in the box have an adverse effect
on the film even keeping the box in the coolest part of the boat?  Will it
become brittle if left sealed up for weeks?

Thank you kind list for any help.

Charles Monroe