Re: RE: [OM] Don't clean like this

Subject: Re: RE: [OM] Don't clean like this
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:40:22 +0100
Sandblasters are indeed a very efficient way to clean things. I had the chance
to use one at a company once where I was an intern. Lots of old wrenches, pots
and engine parts were like new, with a fine finish.

Never thought about cleaning my lenses with it, but an old bicyle frame (no,
not Titanium) came out as-new. Be aware that sandblasting on normal steel
(st37) will remove quite a layer of atoms - in my case the tubes of the bicycle
frame fame out 2/10s of a millimeter thinner...

Bernd