OT Re: [OM] Don't clean like this

Subject: OT Re: [OM] Don't clean like this
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:49:05 -0500
At 7:36 AM -0800 12/3/01, Ken N wrote:

Jim (two-wheeled) Couch wrote:
you will get a much cleaner camera if you go
to one of
the coin operated car washes. It is amazing how sparkly clean
your
lenses and camera bodies will be after a few good blasts with
that high
pressure washer.

Last company I worked for had to refurbish some FM transmitters
for AFRTS after the gulf war.  We took these right to the car
wash and blasted the fine sand right out of these $100,000
electronic beasts.  When we'd get studio equipment back
(warranty replacement) from a facility that allowed smoking we'd
take it to the local car wash too.  We'd open up the computer
cases and blast away.

Dishwasher used to be the best thing for keyboards after you
spilled coke on them...

(This is no longer true because today's membrane traces are much
thinner/shallower and less corrosion-resistant, so you have to
handwash and blot dry.)

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx