Re: [OM] OM clunks, clanks and doinks

Subject: Re: [OM] OM clunks, clanks and doinks
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 21:46:43 -0800
on 11/28/01 7:24 AM, Walt Wayman at hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> And I?ll be happy to test other equipment.  I?m especially curious
> about the sound level of an OM-3Ti, and I think some long-term
> examination of the effects on camera sounds of certain lenses,
> particularly the 180/2, 250/2 and the 350/2.8, etc., would benefit
> mankind in many ways.  Those of you who have any of these may
> contact me off list for details on where to send them.  This
> project could take a long time, but consider it your contribution
> to the furtherance of human knowledge.
>
> Walt Wayman

Walt, I like your style...! I think the OM-3Ti is important to this study,
and I urge someone who has one to send it to Walt, so we can continue this
important contribution to the body of wisdom shared on this list. And that's
another thing, the sound of the camera has some component from the lens
aperture blades shutting and opening... mighty big apertures on the 250/2.0
and 350/2.8... probably a significant factor, but we *just dont know* yet...
See, I told you its important!

<off in the corner, Tom Scales> "What...? Why's everyone looking at me???"

;-)
--

Jim Brokaw