Re: [OM] OM clunks, clanks and doinks

Subject: Re: [OM] OM clunks, clanks and doinks
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 21:43:12 -0500
Hey Walt,
I may have missed an earlier explanation, but I'll ask anyway....
What were the acoustic characteristics of the room? And how close to the
camera was the meter. And one more, did you have a lens on the body (if so,
which one)? I seem to remember that speakers are measured at one meter in an
anechoic chamber. This is probably good for comparisons, but not so great
for listening... My OM4 sounded quiet at home, but oh so intrusive in Notre
Dame, Paris. That church had a very 'live' environment.

One more comment. 2 different sounds at equal dB may be more or less
pleasing. Perhaps even though the OMs registered slightly louder than the
other cameras, they may have a less offensive sound. Could you comment on
that?
-Mickey