Re: Re: [OM] OM clunks, clanks and doinks

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] OM clunks, clanks and doinks
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:43:42 -0800
 > Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 What can I say?  Facts is facts.

 Screams of those who refuse to accept my incontrovertible and
 irrefutable findings and choose to imagine they hear things that
 they really don't: 110 dB!  :-)

I think the differences we hear are probably due to the frequency distribution of
the sound rather than just the level.  By the way a 3db difference is quite
significant in audible terms.

Wayne Harridge

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge

Some of those old meter movement decibel meters were quite impervious to transient sounds, too. The peak is gone before the meter can be driven up. They were really steady state devices.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California