Re: [OM] Zuiko 24/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 24/2.8
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:29:10 -0800
Another Camera shop near me had a couple 2nd hand Zuikos on offer.

There was this nice looking 28/2 sitting there, winking at me. I'm in the market for at 24/2.8 but I figured, maybe a 28'd be nice too.

Assistant comes along and I ask him for a look, and proceed to give the lens a good look over. Looks sweet.

"How much?"

$17.97 he says

Hmm, I thinks to myself, not quite believing my ears. Is this gonna be a FANG or what?

Sorry, what was that?

$17.97

Uh huh.

How much for the 35-150

$105.00

SO, just so I'm not mis-hearing things, I enunciate the price clearly

That's seventeen dollars ninety seven?

He cracks a cheesy grin

Oh no, that's One THOUSAND seven hundred and ninety seven dollars

Nice little 28/2 goes back in the display case.

Bit rich for my budget.  thanks.

see ya.

No fang today.

Cheers

Chris Linek
The Snappy Australian

Either price is ridiculous.

B&H in New York sells them.
Olympus
Wide Angle 28mm f/2.0 Auto-W Manual Focus Lens Price $719.95

mfr# 103200 * B&H# OL282
Availability: In Stock
--
Winsor Crosby